Monday, July 17, 2017

ICADs for July 10 through 16


For Day 40, I got this idea from the purchase I made of my computer, monitor, and scanner.   It was the purchase that just kept on giving.  I kept all those little cards and placards that told me to not throw something away.   I incorporated two of them with washi tape and a label from a bell pepper I purchased last week.

On Day 41, I realized I haven't used many hearts in my index cards this year, so decided to sew this part of a card to one.  I did a bit of doodling with a white gelly pen, which of course, I am really NOT very good at.

Carrying on with the heart theme, for Day 42, I cut two more hearts from various scrapbook paper scraps.  I added washi tape and colored the index card using a watercolor crayon gifted me by Cindy (another gift that just keeps on giving).

On Day 43 I decided I was getting bored with hearts, so added a few flowers to this group.  I sewed the last of the card I cut in pieces to the index card.

I have no idea where I found all these proofs of purchase, but for Day  44 I stuck them all together and added the sentiment I created on my computer.

For Day 45, I found this large letter A in a magazine.  Incredibly, I found an "amaze yourself," cut off the original A, and stuck the rest of the sentiment to the card.  I guess it pays to keep a few magazines around for inspiration.

 For Day 46, I was tired of looking at white index card backgrounds, so got out several paint colors and threw them on a card.  Luckily the pink was transparent enough you can tell it's an index card.   A bicycle image, washi tape, and computer generated text complete the card.

Thanks for joining me this week for my latest batch of Index Cards.  Remember please, this is the only place you will find my cards because I am not on any other social media site.

15 thoughtful remarks:

Dortesjs said...

waue, you are so creative, love your art and all the colours you used, love the little bikes on one of them. We are lucky sometimes that the colours we use it transparent enought to let shine through.fun idea to make index cards;O) is it a special group you in doing this?

Blogoratti said...

A wonderful and creative effort to put all that together. Warm greetings to you!

Sami said...

Such diversity Elizabeth, very nice pages.

Barbara said...

Hi Elizabeth, I love all the hearts and flowers but I also enjoyed Day 44, such a clever use of bits and pieces.
Have a happy week! :-)

Barbara said...

Thanks for coming over to my blog. In reply to your question it’s 10p (ten pence GBX) which probably equates to $0 (USD). I'm sorry I should have made that clear. The sun is shining so I'm off for a walk now. :-)

My name is Erika. said...

I always enjoy your ICADS. You think of such cool things like proof of purchase and amazed yourself. :) More fun views. Its going to be sad when the month ends and you don't post any on a regular basis. :) Hugs-Erika

chrissie said...

Such a lot of amazing ideas on all the cards and a lot of hard work as well. Good to see the hearts and all the colours and patterns as well

Love Chrissie xx

Meggymay said...

Wonderful ideas on all the cards today. I lived the hearts, the flowers, and the proof of purchase one, now that was inspiration, never to throw anything away.
Yvonne xx

Anonymous said...

Great collection of type and label goodies, always fun to use in a challenge like this. THIS IS NOT trash xox

froebelsternchen said...

So many amazing ideas on your ICADS dear Elizabeth! You never cease to amaze me !
Great challenge - I am a bit sorry that your ICAD month ends soon....

oxo Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely ICADS, hugs, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

these are awesome Elizabeth!!! I honestly couldn't chose one as a favorite - I love em all!

Jeanie said...

I love them all but I'm especially struck by the series of heart ones. Fun to work in a series!

Cindy McMath said...

My favourite group of yours so far Elizabeth - I love the variety as always. The hearts of course. Your doodling looks great! You know I love the two that rely on found ephemera - especially 'This is not trash' - words to live by! :) And Amaze Yourself is brilliant in its simplicity and serendipity.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh My Elizabeth! Where to start? The hearts, oh yes! All so beautiful! Must say though, that it's the use of those found papers that really take centre stage - you have me thinking (and looking ) now! Hugs, Chrisx